Sunday, December 6, 2009

Digi Painting

So recently I've started to practice digital painting. I think in ways it harder to do than regular painting. I mean in a way its easier with the holy control/command + z; but also I personally am going for realism, and a paint like feel. Which is difficult to do with a non paint medium. So I got to find the good medium of tight and loose that gives you the idea that I know what I am doing, but loose enough that you can tell I was going for a painting, and not completely photo realism.

Here's are two I've done.

This is my first, and off two iconic video game characters Mario and Bowser. This was just a spur of the moment type of painting.



This is my second digi painting, and its of Jaret Reddick of Bowling for Soup. Now I know I come off a little obsessed, but I am not always listening to them, or always thinking of them. He just had some good photos, that I wanted to paint. Its probably the last Bowling for Soup thing I do for a bit, so I don't get personally sick of them.

1 comment:

  1. They look really cool. The things you can do with computers these days!

    ReplyDelete